Tuesday, August 5, 2008

i am heeeere!

i am heeeeere! safe and sound. no worries. would you like to hear a recap of the day??

went to bed at.. oh wait, i didn’t sleep AT ALL. zach and i stayed up packing, jamming to some music, and he was trying to freak me out over skype..


3:45am- leave the house


5am- goodbyes to the fam ☹


6am- our flight smelled like cherry medicine


7am- land early in dallas. breakfast time. aso played the balance game by myself on the tram thing (that was for you, abbi. you probably would have beat me. i almost fell haha)


8:20am- leave for miami. nice man in my row convinced the guy in between us to move to an isle seat so we could all have more room. my new friend and i chatted about my lack of sleep, obesity trends in america, his son in new york, the dr, his consulting job that he used to travel 50 weeks a year for (yuck).. and then I TRIED to sleep. not much success. (ab- you would have died. i probably did my nodding thing for like 1.5 hrs of the flight..)


12:30pm – “passenger so-and-so please return to gate d42 to pick up your toupee.” sweet.

5:30pm- off to the dominican! switch seats with a girl so she could sit with her fam (this comes into play later bc of who I sat next to)

7:30pm- land in the DR! start talking to the guy i'd been next to the whole time. turns out he’s half dominican, half spanish.. models in new york but comes back to see his family.. he gave me lots of tips about the DR and me, him (“armando”) and his cousin became a team. they were a HUGE help with my bags and customs stuff. they also offered their phone in case i couldn't find the whites bc i had no idea where to look for them. made the night interesting. THEN their luggage never came so i felt i should help.. and stayed with them while they gave their info to the airline and watched their stuff. i started feeling like i should go out to meet theresa and will (the amazingly patient people who picked me up) so we parted ways and i went outside. the nicest guy helped load my bags and pushed them outside for me. everyone has been so nice! i was nervous about carrying my 50 and 65 lb bags, purse, and backpack all by myself but God provided people at the perfect times! yay!


9:00pm (ish)- theresa called us for dinner (which was a wonderful surprise. I was not expecting it at all) and me, jim, theresa, and will had a good time.


10:30pm- going to watch a show on the porch upstairs under the stars!


later- i need to get some sleep! my head is pounding a bit.. but i am SO EXCITED to be here! yay ☺

3 comments:

Taylor Schaeffer said...

hey beautiful girl. i'm so glad to see that you've made it there! this afternoon i went to pike place market and wandered around and thought of you when i saw all the incredible flowers - you were right!

i went to meet the people that i might be working with this afternoon over in bellevue. they were really really nice (especially when i had a minor breakdown), so we'll see what happens with that. i should be getting to bed soon (i have to leave here around 7 tomorrow to make it into seattle by my 9 am meeting.) but .. i love you lady.. girl, where you go - i'm there.

ps. was armando your dominican? :) i knew they'd be fast to jump on you but not that fast!

EK said...

Lucky Lucky girl meeting a model on the flight. Did you show him our photo shoots? We could be famous too!! Ha! Well I'm glad everything started so well. Hopefully it will keep on this way. Can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

ashley. love the tupee line. i read this post anytime i start missing the airport and traveling at all hours of the day :)