Tuesday, March 24, 2009

my FAMILY came!!

to explain what life is actually like here can be really difficult using just words. it is hard to understand if your only frames of reference are photographs or an attempted explanation. i often try to describe what my kids are like, what i actually do everyday, who i interact with, etc but my words just fall so short. i want people to get their feet dirty in the villages and hear my preschoolers sing and cry and shriek. i want people to feel the sun so strong and wake up already pouring in sweat. i want people to taste the difference between beans and rice when cooked together or separate. i want people to see and know that God is moving and is in everything.

for my family to come visit meant so much to me. there was definitely some good time to relax together on the beach and be able to talk in person. it was so good to be able to introduce them to the north coast. good to show them where my kids live. good to play in the ocean. good to share meals together. good to introduce them to the incredible people i work with. good to laugh together. good to show them my classroom. good to squish them into a gua-gua.. just good.

i could never hope to explain life here adequately or to exemplify what it is really like, but they did get a little peak. for that i am so grateful.



thank you for coming. i love you guys so much.

1 comment:

Ann Sienkiel said...

We wouldn't have missed it! We are so very proud of you!!

Love you,
Mom