Friday, September 19, 2008

meet. my. roommates.

9.11.08
meet my roommates. (yes, we share our space with many critters):

ants.
they have found a home in my computer. my floor. my water cups. my bed.. they’re tiny and pretty friendly- good thing because they are everywhere.

flies. quite annoying. they are primarily in the kitchen.. probably from the dumpster outside or horse behind our wall.

crabs. not too common but jonathan brought dinner home today and let them crawl on the floor.


mosquitoes. not a fan. at all. in fact, i would say i loathe them which probably isn’t fair because they love me unconditionally. unfortunately they are all over the place (especially under the dinner table). tip- they cant fly as well in front of fans. when the power is out- watch out.

lizards. kinda cute but like to surprise people..

termites. i learned termites have wings that fall off before they crawl all over everything. learned this the hard way- when they INVADED our house.. i wrote about this before so i wont go into details- not fun.

banana spiders. ok, i was shocked to learn we do NOT kill these.. they are our friends. yes, friends. they kill moquitos (sweet!) there is one that lives in my bathroom. i also found one with our cooking pans the other day.. giving them names has helped.


so there you go.

oh yes, i do also live with some wonderful humans.

1 comment:

EK said...

We sometimes get banana spiders at my house in Nederland. Not a fan.